An array of symptoms have been attributed to Long COVID, including:
- joint pain
- pins and needles
- loss of smell/taste
- extreme tiredness (fatigue)
- problems with memory and concentration (‘brain fog’)
- depression and anxiety
- difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- tinnitus, earaches
- diarrhoea, stomach aches, loss of appetite
What causes Long COVID?
Findings were presented at the European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases adds to growing evidence that at least some long COVID symptoms are ‘mediated through a direct impact on the nervous system’. Damage to the blood vessels caused by the coronavirus has also been heavily linked to long COVID. We also know that the spike protein of COVID-19 is toxic to cells and is a primary mediator of oxidative tissue damage, cellular dysfunction and death affecting not only the nervous system but also the cardiovascular and other systems.
Therefore, on this basis it is possible that therapy used to 1) improve circulation 2) reduce chronic inflammation and 3) reduce oxidative tissue and nerve damage, could be effective for treatment of long COVID symptoms.
- Exercise is an effective way to improve circulation.
- Vitamin D stimulates nitric oxide production and has been shown to not only improve cardiovascular function, reduce cardiovascular disease but also to rescue damaged endothelial cells which are known to be damaged by the spike protein of covid. Deficiency has also been associated with joint pain and arthritis progression.
- Vitamin B12 has been shown to reduce chronic inflammation and improve nerve function thereby reducing the chronic inflammation and nerve dysfunction thought to be a fundamental cause of long covid symptoms.
- Zinc and Magnesium both have been shows to be effective at reducing chronic inflammation and reducing inflammatory serum markers such as esr/crp. Magnesium is also a critical trace element for heart cells to function normally.
- Antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Quercetin and Glutathione reduce the damage caused by oxidation as a result of inflammation and may help heal tissue damaged by inflammation.
IVMT (Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy) is an established method for delivering essential vitamins and micronutrients at levels that cannot be achieved through oral administration. The blood serum concentration is probably the most important factor for achieving the goal of health, this is called bioavailability. Using IVMT (Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy) to infuse these micronutrients directly into the bloodstream is the most effective way of achieving high levels of bioavailability and reversing disease due to deficiency. As an example, the maximum serum concentration of vitamin c that can be achieved through oral consumption is 9.3mg/dl compared to 80mg/dl that can be achieved with IVMT. The antiviral effect of Vitamin C is seen at a serum level of 10-15mg/dl a level that can only be achieved through intravenous administration of the vitamin and not through oral consumption. Another example is Magnesium. Magnesium serum concentrations essentially do not change with oral consumption however with intravenous administration the levels can be tripled. The concentration of magnesium in the myocardial cells is 10 times higher than it is outside the cell therefore the only way to restore proper magnesium levels in the cell is through IVMT.
Long COVID IVMT is a powerful IV cocktail of Vitamin D, C, B12, Zinc, Magnesium, Quercetin and Glutathione specifically designed to address the symptoms associated with Long COVID. If you had COVID-19 and are experiencing symptoms of Long Covid consider IVMT as part of a potentially effective treatment strategy.